Chan, L. S. (2021). The politics of dating apps: Gender, sexuality, and emergent publics in urban China. MIT Press.
- Miao, W., & Chan, L. S. (corresponding author) (accepted). Revisiting community and media: An affordance analysis of digital media platforms used by gay communities in China. Journal of Communication.
- Chan, L. S., & Wu-Ouyang, B. (2023). Sexting among men who have sex with men in Hong Kong and Taiwan: Roles of sensation-seeking, gay identity, and muscularity ideal. Archives of Sexual Behavior. Advance online publication. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10508-023-02559-w
- Liang, Z., Huang, Y. T., Chen, Y. C., & Chan, L. S. (2022). “Pattern matters”: A latent class analysis of Internet use and users’ attitudes toward homosexuality in China. Sexuality Research and Social Policy. Advance online publication. https://doi.org/10.1007/s13178-021-00680-w
- Chan, L. S., Cassidy, E., & Rosenberger, J. (2021). Mobile dating apps and racial preferencing insights: Exploring self-reported racial preferences and behavioral racial preferences among gay men using Jack’d. International Journal of Communication, 15, 3928–3947. https://ijoc.org/index.php/ijoc/article/view/16730/3541
- Chan, L. S. (2021). Looking for politically like‐minded partners: Self‐presentation and partner‐vetting strategies on dating apps. Personal Relationships, 28(3), 703–720. https://doi.org/10.1111/pere.12375
- Chan, L. S. (2020). Multiple uses and anti-purposefulness on Momo, a Chinese dating/social app. Information, Communication and Society, 23(10), 1515–1530. https://doi.org/10.1080/1369118X.2019.1586977
For a full list of my publications, click here.