The Politics of Dating Apps: Gender, Sexuality, and Emergent Publics in Urban China (MIT Press, coming out in 2021).
- Miao, W., & Chan, L. S. (corresponding author) (2020). Between sexuality and professionalism: Experiences of gay workers at Blued, a Chinese gay social app company. New Media & Society. Advance online publication. https://doi.org/10.1177/1461444820920876
- Miao, W., & Chan, L. S. (corresponding author) (2020). Social constructivist account of the world’s largest gay social app: Case study of Blued in China. The Information Society, 36(4), 214–222. https://doi.org/10.1080/01972243.2020.1762271
- Xu, Y., Chan, L. S., McLaughlin, M. L. (2020). Familism and the intent to practice safe sex among Chinese women living in the United States: An integrative model of behavioral prediction approach. Journal of Communication in Healthcare, 13(3), 158–168. https://doi.org/10.1080/17538068.2020.1800370
- Zheng Y., Chan, L. S. (2020). Framing same-sex marriage in U.S. liberal and conservative newspapers from 2004 to 2016: Changes in issue attributes, organizing themes, and story tones. The Social Science Journal. Advanced online publication. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.soscij.2019.07.001
- Chan, L. S. (2020). Multiple uses and anti-purposefulness on Momo, a Chinese dating/social app. Information, Communication and Society, 23(10), 1515–1530. https://doi.org/10.1080/1369118X.2019.1586977
- Chan, L. S. (2019). Paradoxical influences of masculinity ideology on casual sex among male geosocial networking app users in China. Sex Roles, 81(3), 456–466. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11199-019-1002-4
- Chan, L. S. (2018). Liberating or disciplining? A technofeminist analysis on the use of dating apps among women in urban China. Communication, Culture and Critique, 11(2), 298–314. https://doi.org/10.1093/ccc/tcy004
- Chan, L. S. (2018). Ambivalence in networked intimacy: Observations from gay men using mobile dating apps. New Media and Society, 20(7), 2566–2581. https://doi.org/10.1177/1461444817727156
- Chan, L. S. (2017). Who uses dating apps? Exploring the relationships among trust, sensation-seeking, smartphone use, and the intent to use dating apps based on the Integrative Model. Computers in Human Behavior, 72, 246–258. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chb.2017.02.053
For a full list of my publications, click here.