Chan, L. S. (2021). The politics of dating apps: Gender, sexuality, and emergent publics in urban China. MIT Press.
- Chan, L. S., Cassidy, E., & Rosenberger, J. (2021). Mobile dating apps and racial preferencing insights: Exploring self-reported racial preferences and behavioral racial preferences among gay men using Jack’d. International Journal of Communication, 15, 3928–3947. Retrieved from https://ijoc.org/index.php/ijoc/article/view/16730/3541
- Chan, L. S. (2021). Looking for politically like‐minded partners: Self‐presentation and partner‐vetting strategies on dating apps. Personal Relationships, 28(3), 703–720. https://doi.org/10.1111/pere.12375
- Miao, W., & Chan, L. S. (corresponding author) (2021). Domesticating gay apps: An intersectional analysis of the use of Blued among Chinese gay men. Journal of Computer-Mediated Communication, 26(1), 38–53. https://doi.org/10.1093/jcmc/zmaa015
- Miao, W., & Chan, L. S. (corresponding author) (2021). Between sexuality and professionalism: Experiences of gay workers at Blued, a Chinese gay social app company. New Media & Society, 23(7), 1882 –1898. Advance online publication. https://doi.org/10.1177/1461444820920876
- Miao, W., & Chan, L. S. (corresponding author) (2020). Social constructivist account of the world’s largest gay social app: Case study of Blued in China. The Information Society, 36(4), 214–222. https://doi.org/10.1080/01972243.2020.1762271
- Chan, L. S. (2020). Multiple uses and anti-purposefulness on Momo, a Chinese dating/social app. Information, Communication and Society, 23(10), 1515–1530. https://doi.org/10.1080/1369118X.2019.1586977
- Chan, L. S. (2019). Paradoxical influences of masculinity ideology on casual sex among male geosocial networking app users in China. Sex Roles, 81(3), 456–466. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11199-019-1002-4
- Chan, L. S. (2018). Liberating or disciplining? A technofeminist analysis on the use of dating apps among women in urban China. Communication, Culture and Critique, 11(2), 298–314. https://doi.org/10.1093/ccc/tcy004
- Chan, L. S. (2018). Ambivalence in networked intimacy: Observations from gay men using mobile dating apps. New Media and Society, 20(7), 2566–2581. https://doi.org/10.1177/1461444817727156
- Chan, L. S. (2017). Who uses dating apps? Exploring the relationships among trust, sensation-seeking, smartphone use, and the intent to use dating apps based on the Integrative Model. Computers in Human Behavior, 72, 246–258. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chb.2017.02.053
For a full list of my publications, click here.